Import into MetaMask
With the introduction of MetaMask wallet staking and the phase out of Harmony “Google Chrome” Extension Wallet, I have writen this guide to migrate across. No need to unstake, as it will simply transfer across. If you need any assitance on the below guide please contact me here.
Step 1: Download Metamask
- Visit https://metamask.io on your web browser to download.
Step 2: Aquire your seed phrase from One Wallet
- You should already have your seed phrase written down safely from initial setup. If you don’t then its not the end of the world as you can still get you private key.
Step 3: Aquire your private key from One Wallet
- This is needed if you already have a metamask wallet setup. It is also recomeneded to store this key in addition to your seed phrase.
- To aquire this private key, you need to first select your wallet from the menu button on the top right of One Wallet. Make sure the tick is next to your wallet.
- Then click the menu button once again and select Export Private Key. Enter your wallet password and write down your key.
Step 4: Import into MetaMask
Once you have copied the Private Key you will have two options to choose from.
Version 1: If you do not have a MetaMask account and this is your first time setting one up. You will need your Seed/Mnemonic phrases to set up your wallet.
Version 2: If you have a previously setup metamask wallet or if you did not have your seed phrase then you will have to import your wallet via the private key. This version but it will require you to set up a new MetaMask account first ( given a new seed phrase ) and import it after you finish setting up the new account. Note: the imported wallet with a private key is not linked to the first wallet you create on MetaMask. Metamask limitated means you cannot import a wallet with a private key unless you already have one setup. The interface is ‘locked out’.
Version 1 Walkthrough
- As this is a fresh metamask install you can click ‘import wallet’. Select Get Started followed by Import Wallet.
- If the entered seed phrase was correct you will be greeted with a congratulations page.
Version 2 Walkthrough
- If you are importing your wallet to MetaMask that already has an account ( maybe you have been playing in Defi ), then you cannot use your Seed/Mnemonic phrases to import your wallet. YOU CAN ONLY USE A PRIVATE KEY.
- Click on the account icon displayed at the top right.
- Click on Import Account.
- Enter your private key as exported from One Wallet.
- Click Import
- If it is done correctly you will see the new account show up and you can switch between accounts using the Account Icon on the top right.
Step 5: Add Harmony Network to Metamask
- A full guide from the harmony docs can be found here but I will break it down for you below.
- Click on the network dropdown (top center). It will likely already say Etherium Network.
- Click on Add Network and enter the following information.
- Network Name: Harmony Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://api.harmony.one
- Chain ID: 1666600000
- Currency symbol (optional): ONE
- Block Explorer URL (optional): https://explorer.harmony.one/
- Click Save.
- You will now see the Harmony Network in the dropdown at the top. Make sure this is selected to be able to 1) see you assets and 2) interact with the harmony blockchain.
Step 6: Sending and receiving ONE
As we are using an etherium based wallet your default address is in the 0x format. Luckily the harmony.explorer.one allows you to convert this to a ONE address. For more information please click the link to the official docs. For a simple breakdown please see below:
Sending to Metamask from an exchange or third party wallet
- You need to aquire the ONE version. Paste the 0x Metamask address into explorer and then click the ONE tab at the top. You will see the address convert itself to the ONE format. Copy this into your origin wallet. Please send a test amount first.
Sending from Metamask to an exchange or third party wallet
- You need to aquire the 0x version. Paste the exchange ONE address into explorer and click the ETH tab at the top. Copy this address into Metamask and make sure that the gas is set to 30 gwei on Metamask. Please send a test amount first.
Step 7: Sign out of staking site
If you are already signed into the staking.harmony.one with the one wallet then you must now sign out. Do this by clicking the sign out button at the bottom left ( if you don’t see it then zoom out on your page ).
Now sign in but choose MetaMask from the list of wallets.
Step 8: Staking
- Please use our staking guide here and move straight to Step 5.
Step 9: Remove One Wallet
Once you are happy that you have successfully imported into MetaMask you now need to remove the One Wallet from your browser. To do this: right click on the icon and select Remove From Chrome.
Telegram Group Chat: https://t.me/fortuneonevalidator