Some of you may have noticed that rewards were not quite as high in the last epoch (643).
Harmony were updating nodes and it caused the speed of shard 3 to go from a nice 2 seconds to 5 seconds.
What does this mean to you?
- Rewards were slower in epoch 643.
What does this mean to the validator?
- Unfortunately the uptime and average rewards took a hit.
How did this affect me (Fortune)?
- I pride myself on my 100% uptime and competitive average returns. Unfortunately due to something completely out of my control both have been crushed in a few hours which I’m quite unhappy about. It’ll take 30 days for this to return on an average front.
- Harmony fixed the issue and speeds and dropped blocks have returned to normal.
- Those with me (Fortune) this epoch are getting amazing rewards. Many validators pulled off of shard 3 and underpopulated it which means more rewards for us.
I hope this helps reassure anyone who noticed and I hope this epoch returns make up for it
— Fortune Validator